If you face a video playback issue when you are playing the HBO GO channel on your computer, you can troubleshoot it with very simple steps. To know how to troubleshoot HBO GO playback issues, try following the simple steps given below.
1. Check your internet speed:
The HBO channel requires a minimum of 3.0Mbps or greater constant internet speed to play the videos. When you try to play a video and if the video keeps buffering, it could be because the speed of your internet is slow. You can check for the speed on online sites available for internet speed tests. If your internet’s speed is below 3.0Mbps you may encounter video buffering issues. To avoid that, you can try connecting your system to a wired internet connection using an Ethernet cable.
2. Clear cache and browsing data:
When you try to use the HBO GO channel, check for the browser version. Try to use the webs browser that HBO GO supports. If you are facing issue while playing content on the channel, check with another browser if you are facing the same issue.
Always update your web browser to the latest version. Check if an update is available for your web browser from the internet. Look for the name of the browser and search update. Example, search “Chrome update”
After you check for the browser version, make sure you clear the browsing data and cache. From the browser’s help section, choose “Clear Cache”. After you do that, close the browser and relaunch it. After you open the browser, try playing a video to check if you still face any issue.
Note: for Safari web browser, you try to update the web browser to the latest version or download another browser to your MAC device. Check if the Auto-Play option is allowed for the HBO GO channel if you are using safari browser version 11.0. Do that with the following steps.
- Open the browser.
- Visit the HBO GO website.
- Choose the Settings for this website option from the safari menu.
- Choose the Allow All Auto-Play option to change the settings.
- Now try to play the video.
3. Restart your computer:
You can try to restart your computer to check if it resolves the issue.
- Close all the windows and apps that are open on your system.
- Shut down your system.
- Remove the power cord from your system and from your router.
- Connect the power cord back to your router and to your system and turn on both the devices.
- Visit the HBO GO website now.
- Play a video and check if you still face the issue.
4. Check for Flash version:
- Check if you have the installed the latest version of Flash player on to your system.
- Make sure you have enabled the third party cookies.
- Do not use private browsing or incognito mode
- Do not enable Ad-Blocking software when visiting the HBO GO website.
- If you have enabled browser plug-ins and add-ins, then disable it.
- Close the web browser and restart it.
- Play a video to see it there is still a trouble.
You can also troubleshoot issues you get HBO GO for other devices as well. Find the steps to Troubleshoot HBO GO On Android TV on our website.
For more information on how to troubleshoot HBO GO Playback issues, visit https://www.hbo-go-com-activate.com. Or contact us on +1-844-227-1410 to get the guidance from our technical engineers to resolve the issue.