Troubleshooting Tips For HBO Now On Roku
If you face any issue with HBO Now on your Roku, you can troubleshoot it with simple steps. There can be few common issues that one may come across. They are
- Quality of the video is poor or Video keeps buffering
- No sound when the video is playing
- Cannot turn on closed captions or make any changes to the styling
- I cannot access the channel from other Roku devices with the same Roku account.
The above points are the few issues one may face when using the HBO Now on Roku. Find below the Troubleshooting tips for HBO Now on Roku to rectify the issue you face.
Quality of the video is poor or Video keeps buffering:
If you experience poor video quality or a play back issue do one of the following things mentioned below.
For Wired Connection:
If you have connected your Roku.com/link device to the internet with an Ethernet cable, check for the settings. Make sure you have chosen the correct network settings (Ethernet). To do that, read below
- Using the Roku remote Click on the settings
- Choose Network from the settings menu.
- Look for the Wired (Ethernet) option and select that.
- Click on Connect to Wired network option to confirm the connection settings.
For Wireless Connection:
If you have connected your Roku device though a wireless network then you can follow the Troubleshooting tips for HBO Now on Roku given below.
- First check if your internet is working properly.
- Check if the network status shows connected.
- Confirm that your internet is working using other devices.
- If you have a working internet connection and still face the issue then try to restart your Roku device and your Router
If you have video play back issues then do the following
- Check if your ISP is currently experiencing any issues
- Reduce the internet usage on other devices
- Check the speed of the internet if you experience poor quality video or if your video keeps buffering.
No Sound when the video is playing:
If you are not able to hear the audio from the HBO NOW channel then check for the following
- Check for Dolby digital surround sound settings
- Check if you have connected the speakers to the Dolby Digital Plus receiver.
- Make sure you have connected the HDMI/ Optical cable correctly
- See if the audio settings is set to Dolby digital plus
- Change the cable and check again.
You can also try to change the audio settings to Stereo on your Roku device. To do that, follow the steps given below
- Click on settings using your Roku device.
- Choose the Audio option from the settings menu
- Look for Audio mode from the Audio menu and click on that
- Choose Stereo
HBO NOW uses closed caption settings from your Roku player. You can turn the captions ON or OFF as you wish. You can do that with the simple steps
- Click on settings using the Roku remote.
- Go to Caption from the system menu.
- Click on Captions Mode and choose to turn it ON or turn it OFF
For any other issue you face other than the ones mentioned above then follow the Troubleshooting tips for HBO Now on Roku given below.
- Try to restart your Roku device and start the HBO Now channel.
- Check if you still face the issue with the channel.
- You can also try and remove the channel and add the channel again.
- Or try to sign out from the HBO subscription and sign in again.
The Troubleshooting tips for HBO Now on Roku would have rectified the issues you face with the channel. If you still face any issue, visit us at https://www.hbo-go-com-activate.com. Contact us on +1-844-227-1410 for additional help from our technical team.